Re: [Antennaware] Vertical Dipoles

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Vertical Dipoles
From: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:12:51 +0000
First, thanks to all who have responded both on and off the
reflector, with some very useful information.

I would just like to add my reasoning for asking the original
question.  As well as the RF performance, my other main requirement
is to be able to deploy it quickly.  My "main contest" efforts have a
large "field-day" style element, in that I can put additional
antennas up in the next-door field.  So speed and ease of deployment
are important.  I am aware of, and have used vertical ground-planes
before, but wanted to consider other options which could deploy more
easily.  This also included having to take the feedline away parallel
to the ground.

73 and HNY,
Dave, G3UEG