[Antennaware] 3-element HF yagi design

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] 3-element HF yagi design
From: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:55:43 +0000
I would be interested in whether it is possible to design a 3-element
HF yagi (with tapered aluminium tubing) that has a frequency
independent feed.  I am willing to compromise top-notch performance
for flexibility/simplicity.  My thinking is to feed with a standard
ratio Balun (eg 50ohm or perhaps 25ohm)

Does anyone already have a model for any of the HF bands (but 20m
would be preferred if available) that they would be willing to share?

I don't know whether I am asking for the impossible here!!

Second question..  Can I model such an antenna reliably with EZNEC+ 5
using the NEC 3 engine?   (I have been advised that NEC3 is not good
enough and NEC4 is really needed.)

73,
Dave, G3UEG