Re: [Antennaware] 3-element HF yagi design

To: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] 3-element HF yagi design
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:03:26 -0500
EZNEC is not an optimizing modeler.  So design iterations with the model
are manually directed.

HF yagis from a standing start are best done with YO.  Which, alas, is not
being marketed by Brian K6STI any more (unless someone knows something new
??).  Try USPS mail to Brian's QRZ.com address.  I will not expound the
long story about how things got to be this way.

EZNEC (with NEC2 engine) has a limited stepped diameter correction
mechanism, which is not part of the NEC2 process.  Its limitations would
seem to fit an HF yagi.

NEC3 was superseded by NEC4, which is licensed from Lawrence Livermore
Labs.  See the wikipedia article.  Only NEC2 and NEC4 are available as
processing cores.

73, Guy.