N5AU antennas

Subject: N5AU antennas
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Thu Nov 12 12:28:15 1992
>    The 5x5 array at 70' on 15m fixed on JA was interesting.  I notice that
> none of your other bands include a similar JA array.  What is your experience
> in running JAs with this antenna vs the other choices that you have there?

The numbers I remember are 60' up and 60' apart.  The yagis are of the
Telrex 15M532 variety.  One big difference is that this array is much
quieter than say a single 5 at 60' because it has a narrower beamwidth.
In fact, after the CQWW this year W1FEA/6 commented on how weak we seemed
on 15, yet he heard the #2 station working multipliers up the band with
a huge signal.  So there is definitely some pattern in the JA array.

--Trey