Phone SS

Subject: Phone SS
From: Doug.Grant@analog.com (Doug.Grant@analog.com)
Date: Mon Nov 23 11:56:00 1992
I have felt that the Phone SS is basically irrelevant from W1/W2. The last
time I did it seriously from up here, I killed myself to come in about 25th in
the U.S. (and among the top 2 or 3 in W1/W2). That was about 10 years ago.

I got on this weekend for a total of about 6 hours, just to see if I could get
a sweep (I think the mug is pretty neat - I can use it to hold keep-awake cof
fee during the WW!). It wasn't very hard. I got the CT rate meter well over
200 for several bursts. And from the results VZL posted, it looks like top-ten
may become possible from this part of the country. Maybe if turn the lower 15
west next year between WW weekends...

 K1DG (431/77, single-op high power, Sunday afternoon only)