Beverage bits

Subject: Beverage bits
From: k3lr@telerama.pgh.pa.us (k3lr)
Date: Fri Jan 8 00:06:55 1993
I have been playing with some new beverage antennas for 160 and 80.
The system that ON4UN describes in his book looks good, but I am using the
system that W1WCR describes in the 2nd edition of his Bev. Handbook.  I have
4 foot ground rods at either end and #14 insulated wire on the ground
running the entire length (580').  I think the ground wire will make the
antenna stable over earth which changes with the WX.  In discussions with
WCR I learned that there are better cores for making the transformers for
these dual wire beverages.  The new cores offer less thru loss than the
MN60s or BBR7731s.  Once I cure my tower re-radiation problems, the new
bevs should be a real winner.
73 and CU on 160,
Tim K3LR