Comments on Yaesu/Kenwood service

Subject: Comments on Yaesu/Kenwood service
From: 76703.3035@CompuServe.COM (Steve Silverwood [CA])
Date: Thu Mar 4 00:55:09 1993
Replying to TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM:

 > Yaesu service:

My experiences are similar and equally satisfactory.  They're local to me
here in Orange County, Calif. so when I can I just drive up to their HQ and
take care of business.  They've always treated me well, and given prompt
service.

 > Kenwood service:

I can't say enough bad things about Kenwood.  The reason they don't have all
their parts is because they farmed out the parts service to a third party
company which never has anything in stock anyway.  You can't get manuals
from them (the 3rd-party guys) most of the time, and they treat you like
pond scum when you call -- like they're too busy to deal with "amateurs" or
something.  I've had my TS-520 and VFO-520, the one and only Kenwood rig
I've ever owned in for an alignment there once (the VFO and Xcvr
frequencies didn't agree for some reason, and they pretty much didn't do
squat to it, but charged me out the wazoo for it.  I got it fixed elsewhere
and sold the rig, and won't touch another piece of Kenwood gear for
anything.

 //Steve//

|Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS   |Internet:   76703.3035@compuserve.com   |
|13582 Taft St.             |GEnie:      S.SILVERWOOD                |
|Garden Grove, CA  92643    |CompuServe: 76703,3035                  |
|(714)534-6964              |Packet:     KB6OJS@WF6O.#SOCA.CA.USA.NA |