Multiple amps

Subject: Multiple amps
From: debry@iris1.sb.fsu.edu (Ron Debry)
Date: Tue Mar 23 08:23:19 1993
Wow, watching this thread explode over the past 36 hours has been
fascinating.  Thanks to John for explaining the technical end of
phasing multiple amps.

As far as the legality issue, I agree completely with Luigi -
depending on how you define "signal", multiple amps per frequency
might be legal according to the FCC rules, but this would make
it clearly in violation of the letter of most contest rules and
a violation of the spirit of all the rules.

I haven't seen the ad yet, but I have been wondering whether all
this uproar might be misdirected (however interesting it has been).
Could the "multiple amps feeding individual stacked yagis" (or
however it is worded) be simply referring to having a separate
amp, and antenna, on each band, with the antennas simply "stacked"
in a nontechnical sense on the same tower?

Ron DeBry  WA6DGX
debry@sb.fsu.edu