"Busted" calls.

Subject: "Busted" calls.
From: K2MM@MasPar.COM (K2MM@MasPar.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 26 17:52:47 1993
I'm reminded of a moonbounce contact my friend Dick/WA2AAU thought he
had made.  Signal reports were exchanged and copied at both ends.  Dick
heard the DX station QSL.  Only afterward did he find out that the DX
station didn't hear his final QSL, and for that reason did not consider
the QSO valid.  Not much you can do about that.

So, it seems possible for A to (apparently) work B, for B appear in A's
log but not vice-versa, and for both logs be correct.  I wonder how many
of us contest ops are that rigorous about not logging a contact when we
fail to hear that final QSL.  --John/K2MM