"Busted" calls.

Subject: "Busted" calls.
From: Lyndon.Nerenberg@ns.unbc.edu (Lyndon Nerenberg)
Date: Mon Mar 29 13:19:07 1993
> So, it seems possible for A to (apparently) work B, for B appear in A's
> log but not vice-versa, and for both logs be correct.  I wonder how many
> of us contest ops are that rigorous about not logging a contact when we
> fail to hear that final QSL.  --John/K2MM

Well, if I wasn't convinced that both stations had it correct it didn't
get logged. Although this can slow things down while each side hollers
"again" your effective QSO rate still stays higher than if you take the
penalty for incorrect info.

One operating practice I really enjoyed (and adopted immediately after
running across it) was when the other station indicated we were a dupe,
they gave the serial number we gave them, making it very easy for us to
and off for a number of years this is the first time I have run across this.
One of the advantages of computerized logging I guess. (Yes, I'll
admit that this is the *first* time I've logged with a computer. Mind
you, I have been known to still send CW on a straight key :-)

--lyndon (The "terror on 20" at CZ7Z :-)