Which prefix??

Subject: Which prefix??
From: 71111.260@CompuServe.COM (Hans Brakob)
Date: Mon Mar 29 16:21:59 1993
Ya gotta work the DX in WPX!!  (Yes, you should get as many US prefixes as
possible, but do that at night on 75 when the DX is tough.)

I'm convinced many of the US guys don't understand the scoring (after your
first K0 all  further K0's are absolutely 0 value).  I had the same problem
just running garden variety call (K0HB) yet still had to fight all the
KB2's off to get at DX.  I can't believe K0 is that rare!

My friend, WX0V, had an even worse time of it.  He was continually fighting
W/K/N pileups far worse than mine, filling his log with
0-point/0-multiplier contacts.  Since he was probably the only WX0 in the
test, just as you were the only KI0, I think it hurt him.

Bottom line?  Use the K0 call, tight beam pattern, and put a lot of dB's
toward the DX.  You'll still get the KB2's and KC4's, but less than with a
"rare" prefix.  "If you build it loud, they will come."

de Hans, K0HB