Pet Peeves and my 2› worth...

Subject: Pet Peeves and my 2› worth...
From: MCONATOR@SFOVMIC6.VNET.IBM.COM (MCONATOR@SFOVMIC6.VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 8 17:31:10 1993
I just had to add my heart-felt agreement with those of you expressing
frustration with the "bozos" that virtually refuse to identify for extended
periods of time. I noted several, almost all from the Carribbean (sp?) or
South America. This appears to be an egomaniacal thing with some of these
folks. They appear to think they are of such great importance, and such
operating omnipotence that we all should simply cease our contesting
efforts to deliver their entitlement of QSOs. It really doesn't take that
much time to say "papafortyvictor" or "teeIonecharlie" every other Q or so.
Time it. It takes me less than 0.75 seconds to say one of these short calls
when speaking as I would in a contest. By the way, thanks to you guys that
do ID frequently (like P40V and TI1C).  You are easy to listen to and
consequently to work and I'm sure that contributes a percentage point or two
to your numbers. More than the perceived time savings of those that don't ID.

Regarding what to do about this, I too have begun to call them after their
second un-IDed QSO (assuming I don't recognize their voice of course). The
dupe is just tough luck and I move on to find the next mult.

Sorry to carry on so, but this truly is one of my "pet peeves" and I just
HAD to get my 2? worth in!
73,
Mike
Michael R. Conatore
(503) 294-6769
mconator@sfovmic6.vnet.ibm.com
IBM Oregon Trading Area
1211 S. W. Fifth Avenue Suite 1000  Portland, Oregon 97204
IBMMAIL USIBM5CZ
A.R.S. AA7NX