Manufactured Contest QSOs

Subject: Manufactured Contest QSOs
From: georgen@stortek.com (George Noyes x5698)
Date: Tue Apr 27 11:22:21 1993
2 Cents worth:

Hmmmmm, with all the discussion on "illegal" or "manufactured" QSOs, I have
to relate that I've experienced from a couple of "big guns" a  "Sri QSO
before" line.  One of them seems to do it every contest....  I use CT or NA
and have a tendency towards double checking, sooooo its not real likely
(yes, I had already checked for broken calls etc... ).  Kinda, makes you
wonder tho....  Maybe I should "report it" next time to the contest
manager?

I usually try to get it thru the guy's skull that he's not in my log and
(re)work him and chalk it up to a broken call, mistake etc, but if these
guys are out there, it makes contesting quite a bit less fun knowing that
these morons get away with it...

2 cents -  de George, W1XE