CQP Freeware Via FTP

Subject: CQP Freeware Via FTP
From: K2MM@MasPar.COM (K2MM@MasPar.COM)
Date: Sat Sep 25 14:59:24 1993
Last Thursday, Bob/ND1H posted the following request:

> From: smithb@GF-WAN.af.mil
>
> ND1H - Bob - North Dakota
>
> Is the CQP freeware available from any FTP source?  If so, where?

I've just made two different CQP-logging freeware packages available via
anonymous FTP.  One package is written by Al Maenchen, AD6E, and the other
by Andy Faber, AE6Y.  The FTP host is maspar.maspar.com (192.84.231.1).
After connecting, CD to pub/k2mm.  There you'll see two subdirectories:
cqp-ad6e and cqp-ae6y.

Notes on Al/AD6E's package:

    pub/k2mm/cqp-ad6e:
    total 187 KBytes
       2 cainital.dta         82 cqp45.exe             6 cqprint.bas
      38 cqp45.bas            13 cqphints.asc         46 cqprint.exe

    Operating instructions and programming notes are in "cqphints.asc".  The
    executable logging program is "cqp45.exe" (version 4.5).  The source is
    the corresponding ".bas" file.  Initial data (county and state/province
    abbreviations) are in "cainitial.dta".  These can be modified from
    inside the program using the "initialize" selection from the main menu.
    The "cqprint" programs are used for pretty-printing final logs on a
    dot-matrix printer.  Al says feel free to call him at home with any
    questions; his phone number is in "cqphints.asc".

Notes on Andy/AE6Y's package:

    pub/k2mm/cqp-ae6y:
    total 521 KBytes
     176 cqpdos.exe          344 cqpwindo.exe          1 readme.now

    The two ".exe" files are ZIP executables; one is for DOS and the other
    for Windows.  DO NOT un-zip them in the same directory as AD6E's files
    -- both logging programs are called "cqp45.exe"!  (That's right, they're
    both up to version 4.5!)  Andy's software is more CT-like than Al's, and
    has capability for both SS and WPX as well.

I could make AD6E's package available in UUENCODE-ed format suitable for
e-mailing.  For this to be of any value, you need to either (1) have some
way of UUDECODE-ing the files, or (2) have a C compiler available to compile
an e-mailable "uudecode.c".  Send e-mail to K2MM@maspar.com.  73.  --John