Virus with PED.EXE

Subject: Virus with PED.EXE
From: es@mvuxb.att.com (es@mvuxb.att.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 12:23:00 1993
Just got a hold of the "latest" PED program and Norton Utilities has
found that it has the virus "Maltese Amoeba".  The version of McAfee
SCAN that I have (8.6V93) did not find it.  The date associated with this
version of PED is 9/2/93 and it is 34795 bytes.

Has anyone else seen this?  Norton's antivirus repair utility was unable
to fix it.

Ed Parsons, K1TR
es@mvuxb.att.com