aa6lb mobile - Glenn cty results

Subject: aa6lb mobile - Glenn cty results
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 4 13:16:56 1993
                       California QSO Party  1993

      Call: AA6LB/M                  County: GLENN
                                     Category: MOBILE TEAM

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  MULTS

      CW       372     1116
      SSB      613     1226

      Totals   985     2342       56  =   131,152

All reports sent were GLENN, unless otherwise noted.

Operator List: AA6LB, N6UXB, KJ6TC, NV6O

Equipment Description:765 (12V), TEN-TEC HERCULES II AMP MDL 420,
                      TEXAS BUG CATCHER(14')
                      76 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE STEALTH-MOBILE GROUND SYSTEM
                      (BOAT SIZE), VARIOUS RICE PADDIES AND BUGS

Yes, we really were mobile, parked next to the Sacramento River in a
combination boat -launching facility and park.  No rf noise, but lots
of mosquitoes and flies.  Had some really strange looks from the fishermen
when they saw Carl's Texas Bug-Catcher mobile antenna with the 7" dia coil.

Had a great time, wished we would have cracked the 1K Q barrier.

Circulating currents on control leads on 80 CW made us back off to 100W.

Operating KW mobile in contest really makes one use all the rfi mitigation
skill one has available.  Great Fun.

Eric, NV6O