Help re IC751/CT

Subject: Help re IC751/CT
From: rkaufmn@CC.UManitoba.CA (rkaufmn@CC.UManitoba.CA)
Date: Wed Dec 8 20:18:36 1993
Question #1

A fellow ham( VE4GH ) has an IC-751 which he uses with CT. It seems that when
he uses CT for CW contests, the rig switches to CW mode and mutes. Obviously,
the program has switched the rig into CW mode and is looking for a specific
filter. I believe he has a 500 hz filter installed. Can someone in the CT
bunch tell me exactly what Icom filter the program switches for ?

Question #2

VE4GH also likes to run " QRP assisted" category in contests. Since our
cluster in Winnipeg is stand alone and has no input from remote areas,
spots are few and far between. Is QRP category all lumped together ?
I've never seen a "QRP ASSISTED" class in any of the contests.
Is there such an animal. If not, and single op QRPers who use cluster
spots are placed in the "SO Assisted category" , what's the point in
running QRP ??

Any comments/ Suggestions appreciated. Thanks
Rob VE4GV