On Wisconsin!

Subject: On Wisconsin!
From: pescatore_jt%ncsd.dnet@gte.com (pescatore_jt%ncsd.dnet@gte.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 09:17:02 1993
> Fred, K3ZO was not only a member of W9YT, he was one of the original founders
of the club back in the late 50's.  Fred can still remember the call of
the station who came back to W9YT's very first CQ!

Fred can remember the call of every station he has ever worked in any
contest. Fred is an amazing guy.

A Day In the Life of Fred:

0530 - Wake up, tune 40/20 for long path and Asian openings.
0900 - Eat 1 lb of bacon and 6 eggs for breakfast.
0930 - Tune 20/15 for long path and African openings
1130 - Lunch with PVRC Over The Hill Gang
1300 - Nap
1500 - Tune bands for long path and Pacific/Asian Openings
1800 - Modest dinner, say an entire 18" pizza with all the toppings.
1900 - Pore over logs on computer, edit IARU Region 2 newsletter, PVRC
       newsletter, who knows what else.

Another Good Fred Story:

Fred owns two houses, side by side, in a standard suburban 1/4 acre lot
kid of neighborhood. Since he was constantly on the road before he retired,
one or both of the houses was often occupied by "homeless" contesters, like
KC8C, KM3T, K3TW, and WA8MAZ, among others.

One year during one of the contests, Don Daso WA8MAZ (now WZ3Q/4) was
operating Fred's station, because Fred was in Thailand and operating at
HS0A. Early Saturday morning, Don worked Fred on 40 and then went to 20M.
Shortly, Don noticed the overpowering smell of petroleum. Upon investigating,
he found that Fred's oil tank was leaking oil all over the basement.

Don QSYed back to 40 and busted the pileup for HS0A, and told Fred about
the leak. Fred's reply: "Don, you should be on 20 now beaming south. Get
off of 40 right now. at 0001z Sunday night, call Temple Hills Fuel Oil..."

John WB2EKK
pescatore_jt@ncsd.gte.com

From: Bill Kelsey <kelsey@csn.org> (Bill Kelsey)
Subject: W2CXM - Far Above Cayuga's Waters...

After seeing the "On Wisconsin!" msg I was curious - How many W2CXM alumni
are on here?? I am aware of myself, K1EA, WB2CPU, K3RV (not on reflector).
Anyone else out there??
73 - Bill - N8ET

kelsey@csn.org

From: sellington" <sellington@mail.ssec.wisc.edu (sellington)

Fred, K3ZO was not only a member of W9YT, he was one of the original founders
of the club back in the late 50's.  Fred can still remember the call of
the station who came back to W9YT's very first CQ!

Scott   K9MA

From: Randy A Thompson <K5ZD@world.std.com> (Randy A Thompson)
Subject: Computer CW Speed Chages

Yeah?!  Then why can't it communicate with my IC-765 radio?

From: Dave Hawes <34703@vlf03v31.ueci.com> (Dave Hawes)
Subject: CT keying

> Hey, Larry N6AZE ... What's your magic deal with Ken to get changes to
> CT keying?  I have been begging him for years to add "+" and "-" to
> his CW message memories, to indicate when to speed up/slow down by 2 wpm
> from the currently posted speed.  But so far my pleas have fallen only
> into the "someday" pile.
>
> Are any other CT users interested in this feature?

I think that the speed change and half-space features are long overdue
in CT.  I cast my vote IN FAVOR!

73 - Dave N3RD