Send me VHF Results

Subject: Send me VHF Results
From: es@mvuss.att.com (es@mvuss.att.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 15:33:00 1994
Pse send me your results from the VHF SS.  I will post a summary by
week's end.

                                    Ed, K1TR
                                    es@mvuss.att.com

From: barry@w2up.wells.com (Barry Kutner) (Barry Kutner)
Subject: FT1000 Rx Antenna?

In getting ready for 160 test, I took advantage of today's warm
wx and put up a Beverage, for first time. My FT1000 has me confused.
How do I configure it so that when I push the Rx Ant button, the Beverage
is used for receive? The manual is confusing here - it says default
config has the Rx Ant switch hooked up thru the RCA jack labelled Rx Ant
on back. But, seems like it is hooked up thru BPF cuz when I hit Rx Ant
button with no Rx Antenna attached, the Sub rcvr gets quiet, but
nothing happens to main rcvr.
Do I need to flip S1001 as they talk about in the manual? and then
I hook up Beverage to RCA jack, and not SO-239 on BPF-1? If so,
what happens to receive in the sub-rcvr?
Any help appreciated. 73 Barry

Barry N. Kutner, W2UP       Usenet/Internet: barry@w2up.wells.com
Newtown, PA                 Packet Radio: W2UP @ WB3JOE.#EPA.PA.USA.NA
                            Packet Cluster: W2UP >K2TW (FRC)