80M Antennas... HELP!

Subject: 80M Antennas... HELP!
From: km9p@aol.com (km9p@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 23:06:45 1994
N4RJ & I are trying to improve our 80M and 160M signals.

I've been talking to a couple of you about a 4 square.  Val has a 170' tower
that currently holds up an inverted V.  Ya, it works pretty good... But we
ain't running Europe with it.  Would the 4-square work any better for
transmit, or would it be about the same as the inverted vee, but hear better?
 (We have great beverages... not too worried about hearing better).  What
other antenna could we put up making use of the 170' tower that would be
worth the investment in time and $$$?

Regarding the 4 square...  If we did it, we would use 4 vertical wires
suspended by nylon ropes off the tower.  Would 4 radials be enough for an
elevated system?

Thanks alot!

Bill Fisher, KM9P
Reply to KM9P@AOL.COM