Best Kenwood Rig?

Subject: Best Kenwood Rig?
From: WEBSTER_KER@CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU (WEBSTER_KER@CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU)
Date: Wed Feb 16 09:00:02 1994
I'm in the process of upgrading my HF rig (hopefully within the next year or
so)
and was wondering what the comparions between rigs are.

I'm leaning toward the  Kenwood line of rigs, but I'm not sure what
the differences are between the 450, 850, and 950. It looks like the used
market prices are running about $1000, $1500, and $2200, respectivly. Is the
extra cost worth the extra features? Obviously I'd like to get the most radio
for the least amount of cash, but if a small increase in cash gets me a big
increase in features, it would be worth it.

Also, what is the difference between the 950 SD and the 950 SDX (other than
about $2000!)? The rigs that I have seen for sale have been the 950 SD and I
don't know what I get with the letter 'X'!

Any comments would be appreciated. Also, I'm not 100% sold on the Kenwood line,
so if there are better rigs (in the same class as the 450, 850, and 950), I'd
be interested in hearing about those as well.

Please respond privately and I'll try to summarize the results, if anyone is
intrested.... Thanks... Kevin N1EPU [WEBSTER_KER@CCSU.CTSTATEU.EDU]

From: Rick, K7GM" <AONISWAN@ECUVM.CIS.ECU.EDU (Rick, K7GM)
Subject: Sprint low power

Oh yea...I almost forgot...(ok, ok, I DID forget)

     As I mentioned in my writeup for the September Sprint, and as has
been alluded to here in a few messages, I will be noting those who used
"low" power in the Sprint in my writeup (assuming I get some response).
So, if you were barefoot in the Phone Sprint, let me know.

                              73, Rick