Why contest?

Subject: Why contest?
From: al511@freenet.hsc.colorado.edu (Robert Neece)
Date: Mon Feb 28 19:22:03 1994

Kirk, WR3O, posted on the reflector an article he
wrote for his DX club newsletter.  The theme of
the article was that infection by the DX bug can
lead to infection by the contest bug.

In case some of you missed it, Kirk's theme is
developed also in the Feb. '94 DX column in QST.

Many hams, new and old, seem to have a pretty
strong immunity to these bugs.  In spite of this,
it might be worthwhile to distribute either or
both of these articles to potential new blood,
through one's local radio club or otherwise.

73 de Bob, K0KR