winning CQ's

Subject: winning CQ's
From: ERIC.L.SCACE@adn.sprint.com (ERIC.L.SCACE@adn.sprint.com)
Date: Mon Apr 4 18:27:53 1994
RE: > k5gn once said "he who calls the most CQs wins"  this is still true.

John Wilson K4YF (now regrettably a silent key) had a similar but more
generic proverb:
   "If you are not transmitting, you are not in the contest."

I try to remember this when I catch myself tuning 160 for too long without
making any calls (or when starting to doze off!)