Oh what we do for contests...

Subject: Oh what we do for contests...
From: KM9P@aol.com (KM9P@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 20 16:03:40 1994
Many of you know that I'm working on a new station up in the mountains of
North Georgia.  This weekend I was attacked by a swarm of yellow jackets with
a running chainsaw in one hand and a can of gasoline in the other.  I must
have looked like some kind of nut running through the woods swatting those
things off of me.  Still not sure how I didn't chain saw off everything below
my knees!

Later that afternoon I had a tree notched out about 3/4 of the way trying to
get it to fall oposite of nature...  It started to rain...  I thought, just
in case I'll move our tent out of the way.  We jumped in the truck to ride
out the storm.  5 minutes later the tree came crashing down where the tent
used to be and about 3 feet from my 92 Pathfinder!  I'm sure most of you can
paint a pretty good picture of the expression on my wife's face after the
tree fell.

73

Bill, KM9P