Amplifiers

Subject: Amplifiers
From: RKILE@delphi.com (RKILE@delphi.com)
Date: Sat Jun 25 21:14:34 1994
    The prudent use of power amplifiers would not hurt anyone. Speaking for
myself I've operated on 160 meters for twenty years most of the time using
high power when required. It has allowed me to work all continents and
pursue DXCC from a less than favorable geographic location. It is quite
possible to run high power and have a quality signal. However I will point
out that there are far too many meter watchers out there in many cases
completely ignorant of the operation of their equipment.
    Without stirring the pot too much, I will point out that opinions
expressed in QST or any other magazine always have indicated that we as
contesters are not in the "mainstream of amateur radio." We are
significantly outnumbered by those who are "impaired one way or another."
    Perhaps we should guarantee a handicap parking zone somewhere between
26.5 and 27.5 MHZ. (The Dumbing of amateur radio)

_ . ... _  Bob,  KG7D
via internet"rkile@delphi.com"