930 vs. 940 summary

Subject: 930 vs. 940 summary
From: kd5pj@lobby.ti.com (kd5pj@lobby.ti.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 11:13:59 1994
Thanks to all that took the time to respond.  I really appreciate your
observations and opinions.  I'll not waste reflector bandwidth and post
all the responses.  If you'd like, I can email them to you individually.

Bottom line is that the 930 is still a desired rig for the contester.
Many of you commented that "if you don't need (or can get by without)
the computer interface, go with the 930".  Another common comment was
that the rcvr in the 940 was worse than the 930, but by performing some
(simple?) modifications, one can bring a 940 up to par with a 930.

So, I'm in the market for a good, clean, late-model 930.  As luck would
have it, my friend who offered to sell his 930 to me is now having
second thoughts.  I'm psyched and ready to deal.  Anyone know where I
can find one?

73,
Charlie  KD5PJ          kd5pj@lobby.ti.com