Packet & M/S

Subject: Packet & M/S
From: JSTEINMAN@aol.com (JSTEINMAN@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 19 21:52:50 1994
N5RZ and I did have an HF packet station from
P40L in the WW SSB last year, but it worked at
most 50% of the time. I would say it was worth maybe
20-30 multipliers, and especially helpful for a 2 man M/S
crew. When RZ went to bed I found myself craving a
2 radio switchbox! With none in site, I just donned two
sets of headsets!

But we found most of our mults the old fashioned
ways:
1. We tuned around, found and worked them
2. We moved them from run to mult

No secrets, except maybe that we carried down about 50
pounds of bandpass filters and coaxial stubs.
I mean, in the CQWW, if you can't hear on your mult station
while the run station is transmitting, you have a MAJOR
PROBLEM to overcome.
73
Jeff  KR0Y
jsteinman@aol.com