HY-GAIN DISCOVERER HELP

Subject: HY-GAIN DISCOVERER HELP
From: SPECK@UANSV3.Vanderbilt.Edu (SPECK@UANSV3.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: Sat Aug 20 13:28:14 1994
I am getting ready to put up my first 40 meter beam, a 3el Discoverer. Anyone
have any lessons learned or useful info from experience or rumor on improving
its performance (electrically or mechanically)? Better to ask now as I start
construction vice when its on the tower!!! BTW I have moved. After 7 straight
years of submarine duty (deploying always got in the way of contesting) I am
ashore for at least a few years (maybe permanently).. Left Charleston, SC and
now located near Nashville, TN. Since I'll be home more, I've decided to
upgrade from the "no maintenance antenna system" (TH7/wires at 40'- my wife
refuses to keep up the farm when I'm gone for 6 months at a time!) to something
a little (not much) more elaborate.

Thanks in advance for the help. Please e-mail to me vice the reflector. I will
summarize and provide to those interested..
                73, Mark K0EJ      speck@uansv3.vanderbilt.edu