Marital Bliss and contesting

Subject: Marital Bliss and contesting
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 6 17:03:14 1994
WA8ZDT has a good point for any of you contemplating, but not yet entered
into the state of marital bliss - Plan your wedding IN BETWEEN contest
weekends. For example, my anniversary is November 9. This will always fall
between SS CW and Phone weekends. Either that, or do as everyone else in the
world- get married in late June when there are no contests.

NC wedded bliss rule 2 - marry someone who lives far enough away to go visit
mother on "big contest" weekends. If mother lives on the other side of town,
this does not apply.

NC wedded bliss rule 3 - Include your spouse on your trips to exotic contest
locales (Dayton does not apply!). Your CQWW trip to Barbados is her (or his,
I'm PC) opportunity to get a good winter tan.

NC wedded bliss rule 4 - Never ever forget who feeds, runs errands, does
chores, answers the phone, fends off unwanted salesmen,tells the TVI prone
neighbors that "no, you are not operating the radio, you are coon hunting in
South Carolina" etc. for you while you CQ away and develop bun blisters from
sitting in the same spot for 48 hours. I think FTD has a special offer for
this - call and ask for the CQWW spousal bouquet.

73 and good luck - Let the games begin...
AA4NC/WB4     (AA4NC@aol.com)