Top Band DX/Contest lecture research

Subject: Top Band DX/Contest lecture research
From: g4dbn@cix.compulink.co.uk (Neil Smith)
Date: Sun Sep 11 22:07:00 1994
I'm preparing a lecture for the RSGB International HF Convention in
October on 160m propagation with special reference to contesting and
"difficult" DX paths.  I need additional data to do some correlations
with various propagation indicators and I'd be very grateful for input
from contesters and 160m DXers.  I have a detailed questionnaire which is
too large to post as a public message, but if you'd like to help then
please contact me (various routes - see below) and I'll send you the full
document.
I'm particularly interested in receiving log extracts from computer logs
from both contests with 160m sections and from 160 DXing in general.  To
save file sizes, just callsign, date, time and reports will suffice,
along with brief station details and location.  ASCII files would be
easiest, but I'll take anything you have! Deadline is tight, I'd
appreciate replies before September 20th if possible.

If you've done any long-term skeds on long DX paths I'd be interested in
seeing the data, and if you have correlated your results against
Equatorial Ring Current or the new indices, then I'd be very interested.

Particular paths I'm researching are JA-EU at EU sunrise, EU-West Coast
US and EU-LU/CE/CX, but I'd like to cross-check paths of similar beam
heading and direction from other continents.  If you have any points you
think I should bring up in the lecture, whether folklore or science, then
please let me know.

Please mail g4dbn@cix.compulink.co.uk   or packet G4DBN@GB7WRG.#19.GBR.EU
or FAX (44)-482-672332 or send via DX cluster (K2RW-GB7DXM link)
Please post this on your local cluster/BBS and pass it on to any 160m
DX/contest friends you think might be able to help.
Hope to work you on 160 from VP9 in October!
Thanks, Neil G4DBN/AA1EG