VHF contest score - W0UC/9

Subject: VHF contest score - W0UC/9
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 12 19:33:16 1994
1994 September VHF QSO Party Results

W0UC/9   EN44   Wisconsin
Multi-op Unlimited
Operators:  K1LL, KA9FOX, K0FVF, N0AKC, N0BSH, W0UC

  50:    289    113
 144:    321     69
 222:     53     32
 432:    120     44
 903:      6      6
1296:     31     19
-------------------
Totals:  820    283          301,961

Observations and Highlights:

Well, the June contest seemed more like a September contest.  I guess it's
only fair that this one had several similarities to a June contest.  Pretty
decent Sporadic E for this time of the year.  We worked stations from east
coast to west coast on 6M Sunday afternoon and evening!  Worked CO2JA!  Not
only was propagation June-like but so was the weather - mid 80s.

Did you catch the aurora "opening?"  We did!!!  Worked VE2HOG (yes, he DOES
ride a Harley) in FN07 at about 0735Z on 6 and 2.  Nice signal on 2 - no
other stations worked or heard.  Guess no one else stays up that late.

Worked KA2DRH  (EM64  Alabama) on 2M via a long, "random" meteor Saturday
evening - man was he loud!!!  No luck with the four skeds on 2M, though I
heard a few pings.

Tropo condx were a little above average but nothing extraordinary.  Mostly
just the "locals" were a bit louder than usual.  Except for the last 1.5
hours where the opening extended down into OK, AR, KS (about 600 - 650 mi.)
where we worked a few guys on 144, 222, and 432.

A lot of fun!!

73  Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh@aol.com

ps  Oh BTW...  CW Sprint score:  N0BSH  45/16
(Took a couple breaks from chasing grid squares)

Sultan.