Spots

Subject: Spots
From: Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL (Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL)
Date: Wed Sep 21 16:33:38 1994
Bill, KF0DJ, writes:

>Why, in a competitive situation, would I want to give any advantage to my
>competition by spotting a juicy multiplier?

Ah, you guys from areas other than the Northeast miss the point because
here in the Northeast, the PacketCluster systems of two of the three major
clubs (no flames from Alamaba & the boys down South, please) DISCONNECT
from each other during the major contests. My perception of the thinking
within our club is that spotting new mults supercedes the competition
that goes on between members, or member stations, of the club.
The goal is to "up the score" for the entire club.  My personal take on
this is, that any denial to information should not be allowed. I don't
see it as a detriment to either club if we don't disconnect. Information
should be shared and should there for all to make use of (legally, within
the confines of the class of operation, of course). Its what you do with
the information, your strategy, that will be the deciding factor.

73 de Walt Kornienko  -   K2WK          Internet:  waltk@pica.army.mil
DX PacketCluster:  K2WK > W3MM  (FRC)   Packet: K2WK@N2ERH.NJ.USA.NOAM