Radio Cops

Subject: Radio Cops
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Wed Sep 21 16:47:00 1994
: As a cap pistol instead of a big gun, I must be missing something here, too.
: Why, in a competitive situation, would I want to give any advantage to my
: competition by spotting a juicy multiplier?  Rule issues aside, it
seems a

If you are running a multi-op station you want to spot
stuff so that the ohter multi-ops and DXers will spot stuff
for you.  It is a give and take.  I think it is great to be helping
eachother.

As a non-assisted single op I have spotted dx "blind" from within
CT - I did this to help the local multi-op stations that were doing
the contest - most of whom are either my friends or memebers of
my contest club.  In fact I like to set CT up as SOA and then issue
the commands "SET/NODX" & "SET/NOANN" to the cluster - that way
the cluster does not waste bandwidth sending me dx or announcment
spots.  This lets me get the WWV numbers, SH/SUN etc.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.