ARRL SWEEPSTAKES HELP (VE8)

Subject: ARRL SWEEPSTAKES HELP (VE8)
From: WX0B@aol.com (WX0B@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 5 09:30:13 1994
During SSB, we were Cqing actaually for quite a time on the low end of 40.
 Picking up maybe 30-40/hr.  And a 6 calls me and says were on CN8JA's (
VY1JA ) frequency.  We of course can't hear him, but earlier we had worked
him.  And it turns out later he would call us agn on 40 to check our section.

How fast did I QSY?   I couldn't turn the knob fast enouph.  Because the last
thing you ever want to do is get on Jay's black list HI.  Plus it wouldn't do
to have the guys angry with me who were finally hearing Jay.

Thanks to the guy who let us know.

To the other ve8's who started this thread.  It would seem that if you are
hearing the lower 48 that you should be able to at least get through.  I'd be
interested in knowing more about the station set ups that you guys have.
 Maybe with some improvements with antennas would help.  It doesn't have to
mean you need to put up a 40 m beam at 140 feet.  But possibly phasing a
couple of verticals or making a wire beam for the test.  Let us know.

Jay wx0b