ND3F/rover VHF ss results

Subject: ND3F/rover VHF ss results
From: Nd3f@aol.com (Nd3f@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 1 07:51:19 1995
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: Mailer@TGV.COM
To: Nd3f@aol.com

Start of returned message

  From: Nd3f@aol.com
  To: ct-contest@tgv.com
  Subject: ND3F/r VHF SS results

  Didn't see our results in any recap so either the score was too low
  or I didn't get them sent out correctly ?!
  Final total was 325 QSOs in 125 grids for a total of 8,399!!(Ugh)
  First day accounted for only 900 points from our 4 mountaintops
  It was icy cold windy (>35 knots) and snowy from FN01/11/10/00
  and although we heard many stations, only worked a few.
  Next day was better, but 70-100 qsos per site was all we could
  manage with our rover equipment and the time allowed. Oddly,
  1/3 of our contacts were while we were mobile (about 6 hours during
  the contest) between sites !!  Our multiplier total was the lowest
  we have had in 6 trips, qsos about the same as June, but QSO
  points higher with less 2M qs and more 432/1296 activity.
  Was frustrating to drive so long and so far to hand out so few new
  band/grids this time.  Only about 5 new ones handed out that we
  know of.  W8PC, my driver/helper/2nd op/father  didn't have much fun--it
  was too cold and cramped, but I appreciate his help...Thanks also
  to KP4XS for a good idea about how to use horiz. polarization for
  220 FM which worked great, and to several for loaning us equipment.
  K3MQH was loud everywhere, we worked Dick's gang some 30 times
  out of 32 possible, also worked K2UOP/8 about 26 times--good show
  Tom.
  I think the old scoring system encouraged more "true" roving:  I feel
  that I need "portable" type sites, big power, big antennas to get a good
  score and maybe put out only 1 "rarer" grid in the contest, rather than the
  "many grid--get the strongest guys" concept we had been using.  However,
  KP4XS did very well south of us with his 6 grid expedition.
  See you in June!!  73

End of returned message