GB5AR in ARRL CW

Subject: GB5AR in ARRL CW
From: /G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk (/G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 28 08:52:25 1995
AD1C asked about GB5AR in the CW contest:

> Anyone know who this was, or what their QTH was?  Was this the GW8GT crew?

This was a SOAB entry by Carl Kratzer, G0SLY (K3RV). He was operating from
England, but has no plans to operate in the SSB contest.

Entry in the major contests from GW8GT seems to have declined since their
leading operator G4BKI moved to Florida. GW4BLE is still pretty active in
phone contests, and GW3YDX in the CW events.

Dave G4BUO