Operating Time in ARRL DX...

Subject: Operating Time in ARRL DX...
From: N5RZ@aol.com (N5RZ@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 28 12:00:28 1995
Kurt, W1PH sez:

> For the past two years, most of the CAC has been trying to persuade the
> ARRL Contest Branch to publish the "operating time" on the score line
> in the October QST results of the ARRL DX Contest.  The answer is a
> "Catch 22" in that they say that very few people report the operating time.

> On the other hand, the Summary sheet doesn't ask for operating time and CT
> doesn't report it on the "arrl95.sum" file.

Shouldn't be a problem.  ARRL should leave a slot in the listings for time
operated.  If the contestant has the time on the summary sheet, publish it;
if not leave it blank. No "defaults" to 48 hours (it looks like sweepstakes
defaults the time to 24 if no time was submitted).

Let's see the times!!!

73    -------------------------------;--;<<    Gator   N5RZ   N5RZ@aol.com