Kids SquINT (Kids Contest)

Subject: Kids SquINT (Kids Contest)
From: wb2k@ritz.mordor.com (John A. Ross, IV)
Date: Sat Apr 1 04:38:52 1995

>Do the kids need to be operating under there own call?  Or do we controll
>op for them?  My 10 year old is still hacking her way through the  tech +
>book and I dont think she'll be general by April 15
>
>George

Hi George...
Most of the folks simply have their kids sit in their laps and use the
adults call. In your case (with a 10 year old), you may want to give her
her own chair (hi).
73, John

John A. Ross, IV  - WB2K / VE2TJA [Zone 2]  (wb2k@ritz.mordor.com)
Bell Atlantic Business Systems Services

From: p_casier@eunet.be (Peter Casier) (Peter Casier)
Subject: 9Q5TT - Arrl DX phone test result (late)

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1995

      Call: 9Q5TT (ON6TT, op)        Country:  9Q
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator
                                     All band - high power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160        0        0           0
       80       21       63          12
       40      244      732          36
       20      519     1557          49
       15      594     1782          49
       10      168      504          27
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1546     4638         173  =   802,374

Equipment Description:
- FT900 + FL7000 500w amp
- R7 and homemade 18m vertical toploaded for 80 and 160

Club Affiliation:  Rhein Ruhr DX Association (RRDXA)

Comments:
"CQ contest - from the refugee camps in Goma."
Though being DX, I did have trouble finding a clear frequency
... and keeping it.
Real bad propagation the 2nd day. Only had openings to the US for
2-3 hours.

p_casier@box.eunet.be