Complaint department

Subject: Complaint department
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (n0dh@comtch.iea.com)
Date: Sun Apr 9 17:41:00 1995
N6TR Wrote:

>My prediction is that if we start complaning a lot to the ARRL or CQ about
>contest problems, it will just push them towards eliminating contests.

>They get a lot of heat already from non contesters, and if they start
>getting a lot of heat from contesters, the easy decision is to just get
>rid of the contest, and all of the heat will go away.

>We need to solve these problems without escalating them too far.

>Tree N6TR
>tree@cmicro.com

One way to handle these "problem" children is to keep a "personal contest
blacklist". Very few contests are won and lost by 5 or 10 contacts. So if
"you" dont work these handful of poor sports you are only out 5 or 10 Q's.
However if enough of us get fed up with them they can be out a couple of
hundred Q's and a few multipliers..and that my friend will be enough to cost
them a contest or two...how frustarting!!!

I am not advocating public listings of these black lists..that only serves to
fuel useless debate about why or why not somebody should oe should not be on a
black list.

To paraphrase from the environmentalist's game book....

       "Act locally and impact em globally".

Wouldn't it be funny if you spent all that money for all those computers,
towers and HF rigs and everybody refused to work you....

Think about it.....

Dave
N0DH/7
n0dh@comtch.iea.com