Contesters as Coverguys

Subject: Contesters as Coverguys
From: JFSINGER@delphi.com (JFSINGER@delphi.com)
Date: Wed May 24 02:16:33 1995
   Take contests out of QST?  Why do you think CQ puts a big gun on the
cover of every issue?  Contesters obviously sell ham mags like boobs sell
Cosmo.
   Instead of putting VE3EJ and his magnificent shack on the June cover,
I suppose the CQ folks could have used a picture of the guy who wrote
the article on page 30 entitled "Low-Cost Mobile Antenna Accessories from
Plumbing Parts."
     BTW, it's interesting to note that unlike CQ, QST almost never puts HF
contest or DX stations on its cover nowadays. QST has a penchant for
satellites, VHF rover contest stations, and parabolic antennas. But then,
until recently, the League didn't have to compete at the newsstand level.

             Jeff K0OD    jfsinger@delphi.com