Young Blood/FD

Subject: Young Blood/FD
From: JPontek@aol.com (JPontek@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 24 07:00:35 1995
Glenn,

I have to disagree with your "FD is NOT REALLY a contest" statement. FD is,
and always has been a contest. It was setup to be a "CONTEST IN THE FIELD."

SET and other such test and exercises are use to measure emergency
preparedness.

FD, like any other contest, can be taken seriously or lightly by it's
participants.  I have stretched across the extremes in that area.

ARRL Field Day can be utilized by it's participants to measure their ability
to cope with emergencies, to have a good cook out with ham radio, to get old
and, potentially, new contesters together in a relaxed atmosphere, or do an
all out score busting contest within the rules set forth by the ARRL.

Oh, and I'll take out my comfortable FT990 to FD. When I set down, I'm all
out.  When I'm standing or logging, I will TRY to be the patient tutor.
 Hmmm???? I wonder what's to eat and drink?????

The fact that FD is "a contest" came from the pages of QST, written by an
excellent contester.

So, go to ANY  Field Day, maybe teach a newbie, impress someone, and most
important, have FUN!  I will !!!!!!!

73, K8Joe"Palooka"
jpontek@aol.com

PS who did I quote from the pages of QST?