VHF QSO Party Results

Subject: VHF QSO Party Results
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Mon Jun 12 13:49:02 1995

                      ARRL JUNE VHF QSO PARTY 1995 RESULTS

W9SZ QRP portable from EN60af, Rural Compromise Township, Champaign
County IL

      Band     QSOs     Points     Grids
      144      32       32         17
      432      16       32         12

      TOTAL    48       64         29     =   1,856 Points

Equipment:  HTX-100 IF rig
            Homebrew transverters for 144, 432, 1296 MHz, 5 watts out
            12-el Yagi on 144, 15-el Yagi on 432, 24-el loop yagi in 1296

Comments:   Murphy struck early when I got to the hilltop and found out I
forgot a critical component (26-dB attenuator) for the 1296-MHz transmit
chain. So I could hear fine on that band but couldn't transmit!  Oh well,
try again next time!

        The weather decided to produce rain on Sunday morning (I only
operated on Sunday) but the front coming through didn't produce any band
openings.  The front came through and dropped the temperature AND the
band conditions. (At least no mosquitoes!)  It got CHILLY Sunday evening!

        I had fun even though no spectacular conditions and got a few new grids.

        See you all next time. Thanks for the QSOs!

                                        73, Zack W9SZ