KLM KT34XA HIGH SWR ON 10M - HELP !!!

Subject: KLM KT34XA HIGH SWR ON 10M - HELP !!!
From: JimP911@aol.com (JimP911@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 6 22:22:39 1995
I've had great luck with the KT34XA so several thoughts come to mind:

1.  Is this a brand new antenna or a used one?

2.  It is EXTREMELY important that you make all element length measurements
very carefully.  Element sections that are off even 1/4" have an effect on
this antenna.  I recommend you bring it back down to the ground & check every
little measurement for accuracy, unless your sure they are all right on the
money.

3.  Are the trombone sections assembled correctly and exactly to
specification?

4.  If you have a relatively old antenna, it would make sense to write to KLM
& get the updated measurements.  They changed the antenna specs a few years.

I found that @80' 15 meters was the most finicky band for SWR.  10 meters was
always dead flat all the way up to 29 mhz!  You will find the performance on
10 to be outstanding, so sorting out the problem is worth the effort.

Good luck & 73,

Jim KC1SJ