IARU SCORE / COMMENTS - N6ZZ

Subject: IARU SCORE / COMMENTS - N6ZZ
From: N6ZZ@aol.com (N6ZZ@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 9 15:17:43 1995
         Call used:  N6ZZ

         Category : Single Op, CW Only

         Default Exchange : 59907

         QTH:  Near Dallas (North Texas)

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Zones

   80CW        26                  26            64         0          3
   40CW      216                216           726       10         24
   20CW      646                645         2563       15         37
   15CW      161                161           507        9         23
   10CW        80                 80           218        1           8

 Totals        1129             1128         4078      35          95

                        Final Score = 530,140 points.

Time of operation:  19 hours
Best hour:  97 QSOs (2200Z)
Rig:  TS-850, Alpha 76, Force 12 antennae:  C-3 on 20-15-10 @ 50';  EF-240 on
40 @ 60';
Shunt-loaded tower w/ no radials on 80 (used exciter only on 80).  N6TR
Software.

This was by far the most time I've spent in this 'test.  With it being 24
hours, if you screw up band changes the first day, you don't get a chance to
compensate for the errors of your ways the second!  Pleasant surprise to get
a half-dozen Europeans on 10 with good signal strengths.  Wonder if I missed
more, or if folks just wrote the band off.

Realized mid-contest that TR Log thinks that I'm still in Zone 6, since I
hadn't told it oherwise.  Spent some boring minutes after the contest
changing the points of all Zone 6 stations worked from 1 to 3, and of all
Zone 7 stations worked from 3 to 1.  Oh well, a reasonable price of
automation!  A very enjoyable event.  More should try it!

73 - Phil, N6ZZ