3rd Kids Contest(SquINT) This Sunday

Subject: 3rd Kids Contest(SquINT) This Sunday
From: wb2k@ritz.mordor.com (John A. Ross, IV)
Date: Thu Jul 13 19:01:01 1995
>On 10 Jul 95 at 0:32, shaimes@sescva.esc.edu <shaimes@sescva.esc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Announcing: The 3rd SquINT Kids Contest. The response has
>

>> Log Submissions: This is the best part. There is no official
>> form or summary sheet. By all means you should submit a
>> printed log for each kid in your family but as far as the
>> summary sheet is concerned, Use the back of your QSL card
>> and print the total number of QSOs, total number of QSO
>> points(which should be double), the total number of
>> multipliers, and the final score.
>>                     # QSOs    QSO Pts.    Mults.    Score
>>                     =====================================
>>                       25       50          15        750
>> It's that simple! Send your logs and your QSL cards to:
>>                                    Stuart Haimes N2AUK
>>                                    11 Lever Place Plainview,
>>                                    New York 11803 USA
>
>We probably won't be on this time. This is so much more complicated than
>the last run. I much prefer: "Get on, make some Qs, post your log if you can
>read it afterwards, send in some money, get a certificate."

>D.R. Evans NQ0I / G4AMJ : devans@orion.colorado.edu
>                          al019@freenet.hsc.colorado.edu

I have to agree....Why bother with all this scoring?? I much preferred the
"Get on-Have fun" apsect. The intent of this "contest" was supposed to be
an "everybody wins" event, not to get K1EA to add it to CT.

"Hey Erika! Want to get on Daddy's radio and talk to some other kids?"
"YEAH!!!!!"

Half the fun of being a parent is being jealous.
Their job is to have fun. Our job is to make sure they do.

73, John - WB2K

John A. Ross, IV  - WB2K / VE2TJA [Zone 2]  (wb2k@ritz.mordor.com)
Summit, New Jersey
Contest DXpedition Registry ---------> http://www.mordor.com/wb2k