QSLs Deter Contest Operation

Subject: QSLs Deter Contest Operation
From: RHILTO@acxiom.com (RHILTO@acxiom.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 08:44:13 1995
Dick N6AA sez:
>>The recent posts on SS QSLing bring to mind several thoughts.

>>Seems the guys with interest in operating in contests don't have
>>equal enthusiasm for answering QSLs afterward.

I'll second that!!!!  There are some CONTESTERS on this reflector who
seem to dislike answering QSL requests... even when I include an SASE!

Bob   ki5ez

From: Kurt Pauer <0006743923@mcimail.com> (Kurt Pauer)
Subject: "The Battle of the Hams" Sports Illustrated

Jeff, K0OD and a few other gray-haired (or no haired) people may be
interested.  Bill Leonard, W2SKE, wrote the article in the June 30,
1958, issue of Sports Illustrated.  It was a great article.  For
years, I remembered reading it and in 1980 or so I started searching
for it in public libraries on my layovers.  I found it at the Omaha
Public Library and made a copy of it which I still have.  I have
submitted it twice to two different editors of the NCJ, but I guess
my nostalgic interest was much greater than theirs.  If anyone has
an interest in it, I can make copies for you.  Or I might try
resubmitting it to the current editor.  I have a feeling that it
is rarer than a Wrangell Island QSL (remember when that was a DXCC
country?)  73, Kurt, W1PH  (Check 55)