SS rules

Subject: SS rules
From: V.LONG.SA@OCF.compuserve.com (V.LONG.SA@OCF.compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 09:18:28 1995
*Message:
From: V.LONG.SA@OCGRV02
To: >INTERNET:cq-contest@tgv.com at OCF_INFORM
Contents:
    I guess I wasn't aware that you could switch band-to-band to pick up
    those new mults. Or, is this true? From what I'm reading in some of the
    summaries it sounds like the 2nd radio is a big help. I could have had
    a sweep but was doing well on one band and thought that when I QSYed I
    would have to stay on that band for 15 minutes (min).

    I really got hooked on SS CW. Now I want to be able to run 60-70/hr,
    how are you guys running even more than that per hour? What speed are
    you running 30? 35? 40? more? I can run 30-35 WPM, can I run
    60-70 (or more)/hour at this rate? Probably most of you are interfacing
    your rigs with your PC's.....?  CT? TR? NA?

    Ok, someone please straighten me out the rules. I might be able to talk
    the XYL into operating the SS SSB weekend with me. Its our 6th
    anniversary and the kids will be gone! How more romantic can you get
    but to operate SS SSB together on your anniversary? Maybe we can use
    candles in the shack from the wedding.

    Enough bandwidth, thanks.

    Scott AA8SM

From: rrossi@VNET.IBM.COM (Ron D. Rossi) (Ron D. Rossi)
Subject: CW SS at W5WMU

In a previous message, you wrote:
>>I have been pestered to do a short summary of my effort at W5WMU in
>>the CW Sweepstakes.
>>
>>First off, let me correct my score.  I found out last night that I had
>>operated 25 hours, instead of 24.
>
>Uh, oh.
>
>>  Guess I was having so much fun, I
>>didn't want it to end.  Because of this, I will have to remove my last
>>41 QSOs.
>
>Wait a second. Is that fair? What about the 41 people you worked in that
>time frame. Shouldn't they get credit for the QSOs they worked? If you
>remove them from your log, their logs won't be valid.
>   .
>   .
>   .
>Bill Coleman, AA4LR      Mail: aa4lr@radio.org

This came up last year.  Just clearly mark the log at the end of the
first 24 hours.  The rest of the log is check log.  I don't see it as
much of a big deal.  It's not like a 24 hour period that maximizes the
score is being ferreted out of the log.  If I feel like running beyond
the end of my 24 hours and the rate is decent, I don't see any reason
I can't close out the official portion of my log and just work stations.
That's a relative newbie's impression.  Kindof like having a batting
practice after the game is over...wierd, but allowable.  BTW don't
count on me running past the 24.  My ears will be ringing plenty by
then!

73 de N1PBT...Ron  (rrossi@vnet.ibm.com) ><>