CONTEST power supplies

Subject: CONTEST power supplies
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 1 15:30:42 1995
Was not sure where to post this, but it IS an improvement item for my CONTEST
station.
I have two spare power supplies in the shack, one 10 amp and one 12 amp.  The
main supply used with my TS850 is an 18 amp supply.  I would like to connect
the 10 amp and 12 amp supplies in parallel to provide a backup supply for the
TS850, just in case I can't find the spare fuses for the main supply. (This
just happened during SS; lost over 15 minutes searching for the last 3 amp
slowblow fuse.)
Any thoughts on how to do this properly without destroying either supply.
 Can I just simply connect the output terminals in parallel?  Do the output
voltages need to be adjusted to exactly match each other?  Do I need blocking
diodes to prevent damage if one of the supplies dies?
Also, has anyone experimented with adding a capacitor storage bank (150,000+
uf) to their existing power supply to increase instanteous current
capability?

Reply to me directly.  If there is enough interest I will post a summary
later.

73,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com