The Contest Computer .28mm

Subject: The Contest Computer .28mm
From: na2n@ifam.com (na2n@ifam.com)
Date: Wed Dec 6 08:59:40 1995

>As previously stated my contest logging experience is with K1EA's CT. OK!
>Here we go! Looking at CT ver 9 in the 50 line mode on a 14" .39mm dot
>pitch monitor for a whole weekend is not an experience that I want to go
>through. The text is small and fuzzy (no KY1H it is not a "warm" fuzzy).
>This is guaranteed to give one a headache and even with my bifocals it is
>not pleasant. <snip>

A SUPER program that makes a tremendous amount of difference in -vga mode is
Brian Beezley's "FONT.EXE". This TSR replaces your system fonts with a set
specifically designed for use at VGA resolutions. It uses very little memory,
and makes life much easier. I run it all the time to make my DOS (I know -
"What's DOS?) screens more readable.

FONT.EXE is available from a number of sources, including the RadioSport BBS in
CA (619-279-3921). I know there are FTP sites that have it, but I don't have
the addresses handy. An excellent shareware addition to the Contest Computer.

73,

Greg Becker NA2N
na2n@ifam.com
Ideas For American Manufacturers
"Technology Conceptualization and Enhancement"