New Blood and New Categories

Subject: New Blood and New Categories
From: KK5EP@aol.com (KK5EP@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 18:00:46 1995
I,m a new contester. I've been a ham for 2 yrs, this year's CQWW contests
were my first two.  Had a blast. Did poorly(comparatively).  So what?  I
would like to place / get a certificate/ get mentioned in a mag/ see my call
in lights in Vegas on the strip.  Sure would.  But if I don't it's just ok
with me too.  I have DISCOVERED Contesting!!!  I'll be honing my skills all
year and I'll be back like gangbusters next Fall(and this Spring!).  I may
not even make honorable mention in ANY category for 5 years or so...but I
will eventually.  I'm a contester.  73, Mike KK5EP.